MLF v2.1.1 is not functioning that well (Technics)

by Paul Brouwer, Sunday, July 26, 2009, 23:31 (5386 days ago)
edited by Paul Brouwer, Sunday, July 26, 2009, 23:53

Hi all,

The last days i've been buzy with upgrading to v2.1.1. and found that it all works fine in English mode, but when you made a Dutch translation of the English Lang-file it realy goes wrong.

Manu fiels of labels are empty end many nonsense routines has to be removed again, because rhey take up to many prosessor utilysation.

All this is slowing down the performance extremely.

Now, after several days of adjusting many templates mij forum is running like it did before..

Insirting code and flash isn't very clear to me and is disabled on mij forum.

Ik wonder what I can do to speed up the forum's speed. I even hed to restore the old Foto-upload termplate te get this function fon the way it should.

Hoping voor some usefull reactions, I hope for some positive answers on this.

Regards,
Paul

MLF v2.1.1 is not functioning that well

by Auge, Monday, July 27, 2009, 00:44 (5386 days ago) @ Paul Brouwer

Hello

The last days i've been buzy with upgrading to v2.1.1. and found that it all works fine in English mode, but when you made a Dutch translation of the English Lang-file it realy goes wrong.

I hope I understand you. You made an own transation to dutch. Am I right?

Manu fiels of labels are empty end many nonsense routines has to be removed again, because rhey take up to many prosessor utilysation.

A lang-file is a text file wich was made with a simple text editor. So, why should it affect the processor usage? Did you use any unexpected chars? Did you write and save the file with the utf-8 charset?

Tschö, Auge

MLF v2.1.1 is not functioning that well

by Paul Brouwer, Monday, July 27, 2009, 10:50 (5386 days ago) @ Auge

Hi Auge,

Yes, I translated the English lang-file to Dutch so that all labels etc. are in Dutch.

This has nothing to do with the performance of the new Software version.

There are however quite some new features added to the latest version which use quite some resources.
Not only on the hardware but more important on the databases as well.

So, I've spend a lot of hours in playing "look for the differences" and added the missing labels
to the Dutch lang-file and the Style.css file. I also took out several not needed functions
from the template-files

Only the "search already uploaded pictures" from the upload function won't work as it should be.
So I replaced it with the previous version.

Regards,
Paul

RSS Feed of thread