Long loading time for the User area page (Bugs)

by davwat, Friday, July 03, 2009, 11:51 (5411 days ago)
edited by davwat, Friday, July 03, 2009, 12:07

I am using the latest version 2.1 of the forum and currently we have 19012 Postings in 3557 Threads with 3245 registered users.

It takes about 4 minutes to load the User area page and by doing some experimenting with my test forum it appears the loading time is relevant to the number of entries and registered users one has. For instance if I reduce the number of entries to 1000 it takes about 15 seconds for the User area page to load.

It is rarely that I access the User area page as I normally get the details of any user through the User administration section. I have not noticed this problem in the past and It appears to have occurred since upgrading to the latest version 2.1 of the forum.

The server has suPHP Version 5.2.8 and Apache 2.2.11

Is this long loading time happening other people using version 2.1 of the forum?

Have a Good Day!
David Watkins

Long loading time for the User area page

by Bert, Monday, July 06, 2009, 09:58 (5408 days ago) @ davwat

Hello David,

Is this long loading time happening other people using version 2.1 of the forum?

I am expriencing exactly the same and before 2.1 it was never that slow...

Bert

by Auge, Monday, July 06, 2009, 10:25 (5408 days ago) @ Bert

Hello

I am expriencing exactly the same and before 2.1 it was never that slow...

As first: I do not run a mfl 2.x.

When I read your post my first thought was: "What has changed from 2.0 to 2.1?". So I looked into the changelog and the only point that is evident to the described behaviour is "profile is checked for not accepted words now when editing it".

Tschö, Auge

by Alex ⌂, Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 08:57 (5407 days ago) @ davwat

Hi David,

I'll try to reproduce the problem: here I just added 5000 users and so far it seems to be OK (the elapsed time is displayed down to the right). But I'll also check the behavior with many entries...

I think the problem is either caused by counting the number of entries of each user or by counting the users which are currently online.

Alex

by Alex ⌂, Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 10:43 (5407 days ago) @ Alex

...could reproduce it: the problem is counting the postings of each user. With these two files you can disable the posting counter:

• user.inc.phpx → rename into user.inc.php and copy into the directory includes
  • user.tpl.inc → copy into templates/default/subtemplates

Thanks for the fix

by davwat, Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 14:03 (5406 days ago) @ Alex
edited by davwat, Tuesday, July 07, 2009, 14:28

Alex

Thanks for the fix, the User page is loading very quickly now.

Have a Good Day!
David

Thanks, this saves some time... ;-)

by Bert, Wednesday, July 08, 2009, 11:07 (5406 days ago) @ Alex

- No text -

Re: Long loading time for the User area page

by SebastianN, Sunday, July 12, 2009, 16:57 (5401 days ago) @ davwat

In our forum - http://www.macfix.de - we change the user table to include a field where we store the posting count. The posting count gets increased in posting.inc.php. After that you simply have to remove all the posting count code from user.inc.php and replace it with the new field (remember to get the field in the SELECT statement).

RSS Feed of thread