call my little forum from flash -> API (Features)

by ame @, Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 16:17 (5512 days ago)

hi all,

i would need to implement a forum in flash and my little forum seems just perfect for that.

is there a way to post and read post through php?

i mean would it be enough if i post all the fields to "index.php" attaching the input fields to to post request?

thanks, i hope i could explain, what i mean :-|

call my little forum from flash -> API

by Auge, Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 21:52 (5512 days ago) @ ame

Hello

i would need to implement a forum in flash and my little forum seems just perfect for that.

is there a way to post and read post through php?

You want to implement a flash surface (UI) for a forum? You want to have mlf2 as backend at the webserver? That is possible in principle. But you have to castrate the script because you need only the receiver for the input, the test for the input, the writing to and the reading from the database and a sender to your flash application. That's not an easy job IMHO.

And, last but not least, you have to code the flash/action script stuff.

thanks, i hope i could explain, what i mean :-|

I hope I did.

Tschö, Auge

by ame @, Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 11:43 (5512 days ago) @ Auge

You want to implement a flash surface (UI) for a forum? You want to have mlf2 as backend at the webserver? That is possible in principle. But you have to castrate the script because you need only the receiver for the input, the test for the input, the writing to and the reading from the database and a sender to your flash application. That's not an easy job IMHO.

infect, i would like to have a flash surface + the mlf2 interface.

but yeah, you are right, what you described is exactly what i would like to do.

any idea where to start?

by Auge, Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 14:51 (5512 days ago) @ ame

Hello

infect, i would like to have a flash surface + the mlf2 interface.

but yeah, you are right, what you described is exactly what i would like to do.

any idea where to start?

Sorry, not really. I don't know anything about Flash and ActionScript except the existence of this techniques.

Study the database structure, find the needed functions in the mlf script and understand them and their structure (what is expected as input, what will be delivered as output) to know wich data is needed/expected by the script under wich name. Then you have to code the Flash/ActionScript funtions to set and get the data and (IMHO) as last code the GUI. Don't forget to implement the user handling. That's all from my side, I can't tell you more about this topic.

*btw* Why you want to do this in Flash if it exists ready to use in PHP?

Tschö, Auge

by ame @, Friday, March 20, 2009, 10:30 (5510 days ago) @ Auge

*btw* Why you want to do this in Flash if it exists ready to use in PHP?

i have a flash application and i need to add a "comment this" functionality. i thought it could be convenient to use a potent php forum for the job and to extract just the needed information to flash.

thanks anyways.

RSS Feed of thread