auto login doesn't work in 2 mlf's with shared userdata (Technics)

by Lena @, Saturday, January 31, 2009, 15:05 (5563 days ago)

Hi,

i'm running two instances of mylittleforum with a shared userdata table. Worked fine for years, untill after upgrating to 2.1 beta 3. Users with auto login enabled log out of forum1, browse to forum2, and get an error (same vice versa). Error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function count_failed_logins() in mlf_dir/includes/auto_login.inc.php on line 55

auto_login.inc.php calls function count_failed_logins(), which is defined in login.inc.php. The latter should have been included at some previous point, but it clearly hasn't been.
Deleting the cookie gets rid of the error message, and so does a new login on the other forum, so I assume that some conflictious piece of data causes the error.

I'm going to try to understand the control structure of the login process, has anyone an idea, where to start, or maybe a solution?

Thanks, Lena

auto login doesn't work in 2 mlf's with shared userdata

by Alex ⌂, Saturday, January 31, 2009, 16:31 (5563 days ago) @ Lena

Hi Lena,

I'm going to try to understand the control structure of the login process, has anyone an idea, where to start, or maybe a solution?

2.1 beta 4 should fix this problem.

Alex

by Lena @, Saturday, January 31, 2009, 17:47 (5563 days ago) @ Alex

seems to work fine, thanks!

Lena

by Auge, Saturday, January 31, 2009, 16:39 (5563 days ago) @ Lena

Hello

i'm running two instances of mylittleforum with a shared userdata table. Worked fine for years, untill after upgrating to 2.1 beta 3.

As first: It's not mentioned "beta" without a reason. A beta is for testing, not for servicing at a productive system.

Users with auto login enabled log out of forum1, browse to forum2, and get an error (same vice versa). Error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function count_failed_logins() in mlf_dir/includes/auto_login.inc.php on line 55

auto_login.inc.php calls function count_failed_logins(), which is defined in login.inc.php. The latter should have been included at some previous point, but it clearly hasn't been.

Have you an editor with the capability for searching strings over all files in a given directory? I don't know how this is named in English, in german language it is called "dateiübergreifende Suche". Search the string "input('login.inc.php')" or all "include(" calls[1] in all files of the script to find the point, where the login.inc.php is called. That's the point to set the first step.

[1] Maybe you have to search for "include_once(", "require(" or "require_once(". I don't know how Alex implemented it.

Tschö, Auge

by Lena @, Saturday, January 31, 2009, 18:02 (5563 days ago) @ Auge

As first: It's not mentioned "beta" without a reason. A beta is for testing, not for servicing at a productive system.

True, but I guess, I was impatient to have a new feature. After all, you can always downgrade to the latest stable, if it doesn't work out. Then again, I always found that a productive system will uncover any number of bugs you never thought of testing.

Have you an editor with the capability for searching strings over all files in a given directory? I don't know how this is named in English, in german language it is called "dateiübergreifende Suche". Search the string "input('login.inc.php')" or all "include(" calls[1] in all files of the script to find the point, where the login.inc.php is called. That's the point to set the first step.

[1] Maybe you have to search for "include_once(", "require(" or "require_once(". I don't know how Alex implemented it.

Well grep should do it then :) I'm sorry, apparantly my question wasn't clearly phrased, but as the matter is solved now, it doesn't matter. Thanks anyway,

Gruß, Lena

Tschö, Auge

by Auge, Sunday, February 01, 2009, 18:26 (5562 days ago) @ Lena
edited by Alex, Sunday, February 01, 2009, 18:50

Hello

True, but I guess, I was impatient to have a new feature.

:-)

After all, you can always downgrade to the latest stable, if it doesn't work out. Then again, I always found that a productive system will uncover any number of bugs you never thought of testing.

Ok, that's true. The use of a beta as a beta is the same like playing with it in a laboratory.

Well grep should do it then :) I'm sorry, apparantly my question wasn't clearly phrased, ...

You wanted to understand the script if I'm right.

but as the matter is solved now, it doesn't matter. Thanks anyway,

I typed my posting while Alex answered you. I was to late and his solution is better.

Gruß, Lena

... oder so. :-)

Tschö, Auge

by Øyvind, Norwegen, Tuesday, February 03, 2009, 09:41 (5560 days ago) @ Auge

I don't use shared userdata tables, but some of my users have had trouble login in after I upgraded from 2.0 RC 7 to 2.1 beta RC 2. A common demnominator is that all use auto-login. It has happened in Safari, Firefox and Internet Exploder 7.

The problem seems to be solved when cookies are removed and the browser is restarted. FYI.

Great work on the script by the way, Alex. Your work is much appreaciated. Keep up the good work!

:ok:

RSS Feed of thread