contact administrator bug (General)

by GraemeW, Friday, December 12, 2008, 17:00 (5613 days ago)

Here's a bug that I found with my My Little Forum - if you follow the contact link to the 'E-mail to the forum administrator' page and fill in the form it looks as though an email is sent whether you are logged in or not but, in actual fact, an email is only sent if you are logged in wheras if you aren't none is sent...

I really like the forum. Well done.

contact administrator bug

by Auge, Sunday, December 14, 2008, 11:06 (5612 days ago) @ GraemeW

Here's a bug that I found with my My Little Forum - if you follow the contact link to the 'E-mail to the forum administrator' page and fill in the form it looks as though an email is sent whether you are logged in or not but, in actual fact, an email is only sent if you are logged in wheras if you aren't none is sent...

Maybe it is a spam prevention (but this would be no good idea)?

Tschö, Auge

by GraemeW, Friday, December 19, 2008, 21:15 (5606 days ago) @ Auge

Thanks Auge but it seems that disabling the s pmakes no difference...

by Alex ⌂, Sunday, December 14, 2008, 15:09 (5612 days ago) @ GraemeW

Hi,

wheras if you aren't none is sent...

Can anyone confirm this? I cannot reproduce it here.

Alex

by GraemeW, Friday, December 19, 2008, 21:14 (5606 days ago) @ Alex

Hey Alex
I just double checked and it is definitely the case for me.
You know, perhaps anonymous users being able to send mail from the forum, providing any email address they want, isnot such a good thing anyway...
I shall see if I can use my very basic php coding to hack it so that the contact link is only visible to those logged in...
Thanks!

by GraemeW, Saturday, December 20, 2008, 02:49 (5606 days ago) @ GraemeW

I hacked it. I have next to no knowledge of php so I doubt it's the best way. It was arrived at by trial and error. For anyone interested, I removed the 'contact' link for people not logged in by replacing this code:

| {/if}<a href="index.php?mode=contact" title="{#contact_linktitle#}">{#contact_link#}</a>

with this:

{/if}{if $user} | <a href="index.php?mode=contact" title="{#contact_linktitle#}">{#contact_link#}</a>{/if}

in templates/default/main.tpl

Thanks Alex

RSS Feed of thread