Installation Problems: You have an error in your SQL syntax (Technics)

by AndyD @, Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 08:48 (5707 days ago)

Hallo,

I get an error message when I try to install the script my little forum 2.0 RC 4:

SQL-Fehler (MySQL: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'COLLATE=utf8_general_ci' at line 1)

Tried with Language de-utf-8 and de-ISO-8859-15 choosen in the MySQL Database, same error message.

Thanx for help,
Andy

Installation Problems: You have an error in your SQL syntax

by Christian, Friday, October 10, 2008, 11:10 (5648 days ago) @ AndyD

I get the same error with RC6.
Why?

by ted @, US, Friday, January 02, 2009, 11:37 (5564 days ago) @ AndyD

I get the same list of errors - it looks like every attempt to write anything in the database is halted because.... I was thinking this could be a version syntax-related issue, but I really have no idea.

ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!- ted

by ted ⌂ @, US, Friday, January 02, 2009, 11:44 (5564 days ago) @ ted

I have gotten it to work. I feel stupid.

The problem is special characters; I had forgotten MySQL does not like special characters in its database, or tables, or.. anywhere. I changed the table prefix to 'forumv2-' and this returned the error quoted in the first post ^^

Replace any '-' with an '_' or another character, and mylittleforum should install.- ted

by ocean ⌂ @, Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 08:43 (5538 days ago) @ ted

i get the same error

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-30, 30' at line 1"

I can't seem to understand what you just say and also have no clue what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ocean

RSS Feed of thread