mlf doesn't keep me logged in (IE6) (Bugs)

by bttr ⌂, Berlin, Germany, Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 18:48 (5805 days ago)

When I log in to this forum with IE6SP1, I usually check "Log me in automatically on this computer". If I close IE and open it again, then I'm logged out. :-( Yes, I can see a valid cookie with, e.g., IECookiesView.

mlf doesn't keep me logged in (IE6)

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 21:00 (5805 days ago) @ bttr

IE6 is really a nasty beast.
My IE6SP2 (XP Pro SP2 patched) keeps me logged in, but after opening the browser again and navigating to your post the viewport looked like this (left and right part)... :-D

[image] [image]

In between these two parts there's no text to be seen, just background, of course. If I move around with the left mouse-button pressed, the text of the post appears again - miraculously...

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

by bttr ⌂, Berlin, Germany, Thursday, May 29, 2008, 13:04 (5805 days ago) @ Alfie

IE6 is really a nasty beast.
My IE6SP2 (XP Pro SP2 patched) keeps me logged in, but after opening the browser again and navigating to your post the viewport looked like this (left and right part)... :-D

Just click "Desktop anzeigen" ("Show desktop") in "Schnellstart" ("Quick Launch") bar twice. ;-)

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Thursday, May 29, 2008, 13:47 (5805 days ago) @ bttr

:lol2:

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

by bttr ⌂, Berlin, Germany, Thursday, May 29, 2008, 14:37 (5805 days ago) @ Alfie

:lol2:

Does it work for you?

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Thursday, May 29, 2008, 19:43 (5804 days ago) @ bttr
edited by Alfie, Thursday, May 29, 2008, 23:13

I'm sure!
The problem is, that I wasn't successful reproducing it. I've noticed the 'hidden text' already some months ago, but only rarely. So I didn't care. Today I played a little bit around (clearing cache, login, close IE, blabla,...), but I wasn't able to reproduce it...
I wouldn't bother too much.
Actually I don't use IE regularily, so testing with this piece of ... always brings me close to [image]ing.

Another point (attention: thread shift phenomenon!): since 2.x uses relative font sizes in CSS (Yippee!), we end up with the well known effect that every IE below v7 has its own ideas about the meaning of

body { font-size: 100.1%; }

So the site looks simply ugly to me.
What I use in my forum is a conditional comment in the <head> of the template, namely:

<!--[if (gte IE 5.5)&(lt IE 7)]>
  <style type="text/css">
    body { font-size:83%; }
  </style>
<![endif]-->

What do you think?

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

different look in IEs

by Alex ⌂, Friday, May 30, 2008, 06:56 (5804 days ago) @ Alfie

Another point (attention: thread shift phenomenon!): since 2.x uses relative font sizes in CSS (Yippee!), we end up with the well known effect that every IE below v7 has its own ideas about the meaning of

body { font-size: 100.1%; }

So the site looks simply ugly to me.

Hm..., what I see with the different IE versions is quite similar (there just seem to be some differences between the line heights):

[image]

[image]

[image]

by Alex ⌂, Thursday, May 29, 2008, 08:21 (5805 days ago) @ bttr

Thats's strange! I don't have problems with IE 6 and 7.

Alex

by bttr ⌂, Berlin, Germany, Thursday, May 29, 2008, 13:04 (5805 days ago) @ Alex

It works fine on another PC (also Windows 2000).

by bttr ⌂, Berlin, Germany, Thursday, May 29, 2008, 14:42 (5805 days ago) @ bttr

It works fine on another PC (also Windows 2000).

Now it also works fine on the first PC. I cleared IE's cache, cookies, history again and again...

RSS Feed of thread