Default sort order (General)

by ralphdn, Sunday, May 04, 2008, 20:09 (5807 days ago)

It's possible to change the default board view between Thread, Board, and Mix. But it apparently isn't possible - at least in version 1.7.4 - to change the default sort order from the date of the top posting in a thread to the date of the last reply, although this sort order can be selected manually.

When forums get large and people reply to older postings, sorting on the date of the last reply becomes increasingly important and should probably be the default sorting order.

Has this been changed in the new version, or is there a solution in 1.7.4?

Regards,
Ralph
ralphdn

Default sort order

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Monday, May 05, 2008, 23:07 (5805 days ago) @ ralphdn

Dear Ralph!

... But it apparently isn't possible - at least in version 1.7.4 - to change the default sort order from the date of the top posting in a thread to the date of the last reply, although this sort order can be selected manually.

OK, this is the forum for the 2.x branch, questions regarding the 1.x version please to the respective forum (English, Deutsch). ;-)
Since I know already you're from Germany, just have a look at this post.

In all versions (1.4.1.beta to 1.7.5) you have to change line 41 of 'forum.php' from

if (empty($order)) $order="time";

to

if (empty($order)) $order="last_answer";

Has this been changed in the new version, or is there a solution in 1.7.4?

• I don't think so
  • See above

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

Thanks SO much!

by ralphdn, Monday, May 05, 2008, 23:55 (5805 days ago) @ Alfie

Great, realtively simple... hope I can still find the mod if I upgrade to a newer version.

All the best,
Ralph

RSS Feed of thread