Don't refresh new forum setting (General)

by spataro @, Milano, Thursday, February 14, 2008, 11:04 (5887 days ago)

I've installed the latest beta as a news forum, not upgrading another old forum.

All went ok but ...

If i try to change the forum settings (standard, not advanced) i can't see the new values.

Checking inside the database with mysqladmin i see new values, but i can't refresh my site with new values.

Exactly this means:

1) title don't change, it remains the previous
2) if i try to edit again, i find old values.

I logged off and login, with different pc and browsers, I cleared the templatec folder: nothing. It seems the software can't load new settings ?

Happens only to me ?

Thanks, and great software

ps: i've create an empty database and a new users with privileges only to select, update,delete insert for the specific database. Php 5 and mysql 5

Don't refresh new forum setting

by davwat, Thursday, February 14, 2008, 16:19 (5887 days ago) @ spataro

The same thing happened to me when I did a new install of version 2 a little while back. I do remember it was a mistake on my side and I am trying to recollect what exactly it was I did. What comes to mind is that I used a version 1.7 db_settings.php file I already had all my MySql connection details in, then I realised that version 2 has additional tables which are not in the db_settings.php file of version 1.7.

by spataro @, Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 09:22 (5881 days ago) @ davwat

Thanks. In the meanwhile I've edited the template file manually (argh!)

I've started a complete new installation, new database, new mysql user, new site.

But this doesn't help me to solve the problem.

Don't you think that following your solution nothing should work on the forum ? I have instead only this problem.

Does anyone help mi find the include file and line in php that read title's forum ? I'll try to solve myself and tell you.

by spataro @, Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 09:32 (5881 days ago) @ spataro

ok, i'll try to solve myself.

in include functions.inc.php there is:

/**
* fetches settings from database
*/
function get_settings()
{
global $lang, $connid, $db_settings, $settings;
$result = mysql_query("SELECT name, value FROM ".$db_settings['settings_table'], $connid) or raise_error('database_error',mysql_error());
while ($line = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
$settings[$line['name']] = stripslashes($line['value']);
}
mysql_free_result($result);
}

in main.inc.php there is:

get_settings();

so it should works always, right ?

Instead in /forum/index.php?mode=admin&action=settings the script takes always default datas.

In which line ? I can't find .

RSS Feed of thread