Page help (General)

by Rombta, Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 22:51 (16 days ago)

Making a forum currently, and have seen the option to make a page. I made two, and on the homescreen they seem to do nothing. So what does a page do? Is it like subforums? If so how do I find it

Page help

by Micha ⌂, Wednesday, May 01, 2024, 11:14 (16 days ago) @ Rombta

Hi,

I made two, and on the homescreen they seem to do nothing.

Pages are shown in the top/main menu of the forum as blank pages and can be used to add e.g. legal information, see this example.

/Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Page help

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, May 01, 2024, 20:50 (15 days ago) @ Rombta

Hello

Making a forum currently, and have seen the option to make a page. I made two, and on the homescreen they seem to do nothing. So what does a page do? Is it like subforums? If so how do I find it

As Micha told, pages are meant to provide additional static information to the forum. These pages have to be created in the admin area (as you found out yourself) and a page needs a menu link name to be shown in the top right menu with the the links for login, logout, own postings list, bookmarks and so on.

You can set a page to be public available (access for all visitors of your forum) or to restrict the access to registered users only.

With no menu link name the page exists but is not accessible without manual linking.

You can provide HTML elements for the documents structure (<h2> to <h6> for headings, <p>, <li> in <ul> or <ol> for lists and so on) and no dynamic content.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

RSS Feed of thread