Bookmark system (folders) (Features)

by Magma, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 15:21 (2422 days ago)
edited by Auge, Friday, September 15, 2017, 10:43

Just putting out a request maybe for future update sometime.

I love the bookmark system and it is very useful but it can get overwhelming when you have like 50+ bookmarks.

Possible to add a feature where we can create folders (with whatever name we like) and be able to move bookmarked posts to these folders.

Bookmark system (tags)

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 23:38 (2406 days ago) @ Magma
edited by Auge, Friday, September 15, 2017, 10:43

Hello

Just putting out a request maybe for future update sometime.

I love the bookmark system and it is very useful but it can get overwhelming when you have like 50+ bookmarks.

Possible to add a feature where we can create folders (with whatever name we like) and be able to move bookmarked posts to these folders.

I follow your wish to keep control over the bookmarks, but I don't see a way to implement folders with free naming for every bookmark-user. What I can imagine instead is a separate tagging function for bookmarks where an user can set up to X (maybe three) tags for his own bookmarks. Afterwards the bookmarks could be ordered or filtered by the tags and one could get additional search results from the bookmarks (marked as such).

You wouldn't get the possibility to move your bookmarks into a set of structured folders to filter them but you would be able to filter (or order) the plain list.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Bookmark system (tags)

by Magma, Saturday, September 16, 2017, 00:11 (2405 days ago) @ Auge

I can imagine instead is a separate tagging function for bookmarks where an user can set up to X (maybe three) tags for his own bookmarks. Afterwards the bookmarks could be ordered or filtered by the tags and one could get additional search results from the bookmarks (marked as such).

That would be good. I know you can rename them at the moment to somehow organise them but it soon gets out of hand if you bookmark a lot without having a filter.

Now I'm not sure if it's too technical but having a symbol show next to a bookmark if there has been another post to that thread since you bookmarked it? then be able to filter only bookmarked threads with new posts?

Again I don't know how it would work but just putting it out there. Thanks

Bookmark system (tags)

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, September 16, 2017, 22:34 (2404 days ago) @ Magma

Hello

Now I'm not sure if it's too technical but having a symbol show next to a bookmark if there has been another post to that thread since you bookmarked it? then be able to filter only bookmarked threads with new posts?

You'll see new/unread postings in the normal views. Why you want to have this information once again in the bookmark list? In many cases (in a frequent used forum) there will be newer postings in the threads. Often (in most cases) you will read these postings before you will see the notice in the bookmark list (if I assume a "normal" use of the software).

We can identify postings newer than the time when you bookmarked a message. We can distinguish between read and unread messages, if the settings are generous enough (list read status with a high limit or unlimited amount of postings). But what is the information good for in this context?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

RSS Feed of thread