Request for easier deletion of uploaded Images (Features)

by Magma, Thursday, June 29, 2017, 19:54 (2464 days ago)

Not sure if it can be done but just throwing the idea out there. My forum posters upload many Images and if I have to delete an Image I normally open the picture upload page, click "Browse uploaded images" and try to find the Image to click delete

This is ok if it's a recent upload but say it's been a few months since uploaded, it becomes Impossible doing it using the above method. Which means I have to login to the server cpanel and search for it there. This method is no good for moderators because I don't want them having access to the cpanel.

So can the picture upload "Browse uploaded images" page have a search feature for just only the admin and moderators whereby you can search using the Image filename 201705231416445924444cdb162.png to find the exact Image?

Request for easier deletion of uploaded Images

by Auge ⌂, Friday, June 30, 2017, 07:34 (2464 days ago) @ Magma

Hello

My forum posters upload many Images and if I have to delete an Image I normally open the picture upload page, click "Browse uploaded images" and try to find the Image to click delete

This is ok if it's a recent upload but say it's been a few months since uploaded, it becomes Impossible doing it using the above method. Which means I have to login to the server cpanel and search for it there. This method is no good for moderators because I don't want them having access to the cpanel.

So can the picture upload "Browse uploaded images" page have a search feature for just only the admin and moderators whereby you can search using the Image filename 201705231416445924444cdb162.png to find the exact Image?

No, it can't … or better, it shouldn't (in the described manner).

But a complete rewrite of the upload feature is very desirable. I find no reason, why the search-in-the-image-list is only reachable via the upload form. I find no reason to restrict a more proper search feature to the admins and mods. The delete-images-feature itself of course should be restricted to the named groups (and the uploader of an image, when the image is not in use in an entry).

But that's a task for the next main release (2.5).

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

RSS Feed of thread