Bug in My Little Forum (Bugs)

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, March 16, 2017, 10:51 (2592 days ago) @ danielb987

Hello

Unless the web server is very busy, there is not much need for cache. For the web sites I'm responsible for, web cache is not needed at all.

I strongly disagree [edit]with this generalised form[/edit].

I live in a country there most people has an Internet connection of 100 Mbit/s and there an Internet connection of 10 Mbit/s is considered as slow.

That's fine for you. :-)

In Germany many people have connections with 6 or 16 MBit/s (gross). Faster connections (50 up to 400 MBit/s (gross)) are available mostly in towns. But that's not the problem I meant. The problem is the form of contracts for connection on mobile phones. There are limits from a few hundred megabytes to a few gigabytes per month. There are contracts, where you'll pay for more volume without ordering, with other contracts you can pay for more volume after ordering it and, last but not least, there are contracts, where your speed gets reduced to a few kilobits per second. Finally you don't want to reach the limit.

With LTE you can have a lot of month left, when your data volume is void.

And there the problem with monthly data volume is that people are watching movies on their cell phones.

That's not a "problem", that's one of the normal use cases.

However, the amount of data of a page from web forum like My Little Forum is very small in comparison to most other web pages, like news papers and Facebook.

Yes, it is. But the visits in a MLF-driven forum are normally not the only accesses to the internet.

And I got the solution to the problem from phpBB3, maybe the biggest software for web forums.

As said before, we will investigate and test it. Thank you so far.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread