MLF 1.7.7, an emergency release (Technics)

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, February 05, 2017, 18:04 (2636 days ago)

Hello

Because of the urgent notices about mangled messages and nonfunctional installations after the change of the PHP version to 5.4 and above we discussed the cause and solutions to fix this issue.

With the informations and of wo2010 and Sebastian Nast and the developments they made and tested, we can offer the version 1.7.7.1.

Thank you both.

It includes the stand of the version 1.7.6, a few fixes for bugs that came up seven years ago, and Sebastian's fix for the actual issue. No other developments of the last years that are available in the repository was included. These would make the update much more complex than it is now.

I for myself can't test the installation because I have none, so follow the steps and don't forget step 1.

Way one:

If you run a MLF1-forum please make a backup of the current files, including script and language files in the first step. Then load the new files to the web server and run the install.php. Don't forget to make the db_settings.php writeable when your version is a 1.6.x or lower.

Way two:

Make a fresh installation with the new release with new tables (use a new table prefix) and change the db_settings.php afterwards with the data from the old installation (prefix, table names). Then the new forum should contain the data from the old forum.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If there are people who are interested to update MLF1 with new features and UTF-8-support, I need their support to pick the existing code, write new code (if needed) and test it in a live – or at least live-alike – environment. I stated that before in German language, so I do it here again in English.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread