Discussion about mlf 2.4, sixteen weeks later (Project organisation)

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 08:27 (2642 days ago) @ Auge
edited by Auge, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 08:51

Hello

After a few weeks of silence (christmas, turn of the year, real life and such things) I want to release the first public development snapshot as I stated in the Github-issue #152. Before I'll do so, I wan't to repeat the leftover relevant questions.

• Images in the feed was reported to be broken (wrong path given).
    Is this fixed? (my feed-reader only provides the entries headers and some metadata)

Is it wise to include the images into the feed? They can be originated from any sources, the forum (with it's upload function) but also form any URL from the web. Additionally the transmission of the images to a RSS-reader causes a bunch of additional traffic.

I for myself use a RSS-reader on my phone and another one on a PC. On the phone I don't like the additional traffic because of the limited allowed monthly traffic in my contract. So I would prefer to get the feed without the images. If I want to see them, I can visit the forum at a place or with a device, where I know, that the traffic is not a problem.

and

• A further request is to have a report-spam/abuse-link or button.
    Is this of any importance? I would support it in principle but don't want to exceed the task list.

Any thoughts?

Is a quick fix possible here or should it be deferred?

Should an abuse or a spam report trigger an email addressed to the team members or should it be stored in a new message infrastructure in the admin area?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread