@Homie, I think, we need more info (General)

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 10:58 (2683 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

The forum does send emails to anyone (deprecated or not)?

To every reg. user in the forum depending on the option. The forum does not send emails to everyone else.

Ok, that's what I expected.

I am a bit confused, because until this point of the thread I can't identify the problem.

The Problem is: A reg. user enabled the option to get mails via contact form. This user get normal/desired mails. But the user also get SPAM-mails because the contact form can be filled by a robot. Homie want to restrict the mails to the desired ones.

Ok, if Homie as the forums admin restricts the access to the user area to registered users, this way should be blocked. The IMHO last case is the link to the contact form besides the users name in the metadata of the entries.

If the user wants to be contactable via the forum and the admin says, the user area is restricted to registered users, the email link in an entry is nevertheless accessible to anyone or isn't it? Maybe the contact link in an entry should be subject of the same restrictions as the user area. But what to do with email addresses in entries of unregistered visitors? Should they also be restricted to registered users in my scenario?

There is no general solution except to hide the email address. If one wants to contact me, one can do this in the forum. If it should be a private conversation, we can arrange the use of another channel (maybe with temporary content of a forum entry).

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread