Discussion about mlf 2.4, six weeks later (Project organisation)

by Auge ⌂, Monday, November 21, 2016, 13:00 (2705 days ago) @ Auge
edited by Auge, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 08:15

Hello

• Show views of all entries in a thread instead only of the opening entry in the table view (thread in a hidden category and thatswhy not linked).
    Is this fixed?

Yes, it's fixed.

Seems to be a problem in the custom theme, not in the forum script.

• There seems to be a RSS-issue, where new entries doesn't show up instantaneously in some clients. Maybe client-issues, maybe a problem with time format?
    Should be investigated.

The entries shown up in the RSS-feed instantaneously. So it couldn't be a problem with the generation of the feed but a problem in the reader software.

• A second issue with RSS, that came up a few minutes ago. The feed is updated every time a new entry is posted. There is no update in case of a deletion of an entry or a thread. An entry will furthermore reside in the feed even if it is removed from the forum.
    Should be investigated.

I don't find the source of the problem. Deferred until the cause is describable.

• Images in the feed was reported to be broken (wrong path given).
    Is this fixed? (my feed-reader only provides the entries headers and some metadata)

Is it wise to include the images into the feed? They can be originated from any sources, the forum (with it's upload function) but also form any URL from the web. Additionally the transmission of the images to a RSS-reader causes a bunch of additional traffic.

I for myself use a RSS-reader on my phone and another one on a PC. On the phone I don't like the additional traffic because of the limited allowed monthly traffic in my contract. So I would prefer to get the feed without the images. If I want to see them, I can visit the forum at a place or with a device, where I know, that the traffic is not a problem.

• A problem with the Ajax-preview-bubble was reported.
    I for myself can't confirm the behaviour. On the other hand images should IMHO shrinked to a bit less of 100% of the width and/or height.

Solved.

Deferred.

• A further request is to have a report-spam/abuse-link or button.
    Is this of any importance? I would support it in principle but don't want to exceed the task list.

Any thoughts?

• Someone wanted to have tab order for buttons, mainly in the posting form.
    This is (not only!) important for disabled persons. But at that point I have further questions about the UI and especially the font size. ;-)

Next task after bug fixing.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread