2.3.6.1 viewing wide image in Chrome on Nexus 7 (Bugs)

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 09:20 (2782 days ago) @ Magma

Hello

I just posted a pic in the test thread to see if this site does the same and it does. Instead of getting a horizontal scroll it makes the right side of the website shrink on Nexus 7 tablet.

I tested it on a Samsung device with a Android 4.4.4 in Firefox 48. The image keeps its width and height and I get a left-right-scrollbar. I see this behaviour in this forum and in an entry in my installation with a partly mobile-aware template too.

[image]

The header is shifted to the left, because I scrolled the page a bit to the right. The solution will be to set the max-width of the images inside the entries to 100% of the entries container.

*But* this is only the first half. One further "problem" is the file size of the image. Why should I (as the user of a forum) transmit a (in the case of your image) 214kB large file to my device when it will be shown with a width of only 400px, what corresponds with a file size around 50kB?

At least for the images that are uploaded with the intern function is a scaling to two or three additional resolutions imaginable.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread