Performance enhancements? (General)

by Auge ⌂, Monday, December 23, 2013, 00:46 (3774 days ago) @ grognard

Hello

Sounds like the hardware is inadequate - if you've upgraded twice its probably lacking RAM.

Hmmm ... I don't think so. If the server was upgraded twice we should consider the hardware as outbidden.

If the 'caching' is an issue its probably sub-optimal hardware/mysql setup. Its possible there is some kind of SQL issue with MLF and large databases ofc. Although there are other sites with huge databases out there. You mentioned rebooting which, assuming its a LINUX/BSD platform, means its running out of memory.

Let's compare: Alfie has also a well attended forum. More than 8000 registered people but with around 11700 postings not nearly a twentieth of number of postings of Wendells forum. I've no idea about daily page views.

His forum is driven by My Little Forum 1 (v 1.8 β (an old β)). It's the (further developed) ancestor of the actual software. There was never a report of performance problems like Wendells report. Otherwise I can't imagine, that Alex introduced an undiscovered performance break a while ago without many reports like this over the time.

It seems to be a wide field ...

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread