Registering user - problem with password (French / Français)

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, October 27, 2013, 16:48 (3806 days ago) @ Jean-Michel

Hello

I just installed MLF in French and precisely had the same issue. I confirm that placing [default] as you advised makes it work.

Thank you for your confirmation.

Please note that this solves another strange thing : the lang file encodes accentuated letters with symbols, but the result was not always good in the browser.

For instance :
reply_link = Répondre à ce message (for the French Répondre à ce message)
BUT
register_pw_conf = Répéter le mot de passe:
=> I had begun to correct the lang file like that because otherwise the symbols would appear in the browser instead of the accents.

But now, by adding [default], I realise that the browser needs the words with symbols.
So I have to change the fields back hat I had already corrected...:-(

That's strange. The forum software is encoded with UTF-8 and so are the language files. UTF-8 contains all chars of rather all actual used letter systems of this planet including french accentuated letters. Did you open and save the file with UTF-8-charset (without BOM)?

Now another question: does it really takes a day to activate the account as the confirmation message says ???

No, the activation of the account can be done within 24 hours after the registration. After 24 hours the registration will be refused. If you activate your account within 5 minutes you can instantly use it.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread