Login issues, work blocking (General)

by Auge ⌂, Friday, October 28, 2011, 16:37 (4611 days ago) @ Andy

Hello

I realise that this is a very difficult question to try and answer, but can you think of any reason why someone could view a mlf-based website ok, but when they try and login, their company blocks it. The error message that comes up has a few words that states 'Block Uploading of docs + zips + logons'. Do you think there is anything in the logon process I could try and adjust to make it more work-friendly?!

It looks to me like a content blocker of the internal/intranet firewall. In the case of mlf it seems to hit one ore some cookies or the login form itself. You can (in a first step) try to rename the names of the input fields of the login form. If the error message shows up there is another issue (probably name or values of one or some cookies), if not you have to rename the GET fields in the processing part of the login script to the new values.

If the cookies cause the problem, part of or the whole cookie engine needs a rewrite. You have to know if it's worth the effort. I can't imagine a different reason, but there might be another one.

All over all, it is reasonable to block some content for employees in a compay network.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread