Problem with installation (General)

by Auge ⌂, Friday, April 22, 2011, 23:01 (4743 days ago) @ icepirat

Hello

Further I can say the I resently bought a NAS (Synology DS207+) which have an intergrated PHP/MYSQL, from the manual and elsewhere information I got the impression that setting up a database not was required but maybe I'm wrong about this?

MLF needs a MySQL database. You have to set it up (with username and password) so mlf can install the needed database tables.

As mentioned I don't know anything about PHP/MYSQL but maybe you could be kind and give me some hint/help about what to do!

If you don't want to change the PHP code you don't need any PHP experience. But the MySQL database is mandatory. Attention: I read some blog- and forum postings about the Synology DS207+ (in german language). You can't upgrade the included PHP installation with additional PHP modules. Maybe the installed PHP version lacks some modules therefore some features of MLF may be not accessible.

An alternative is an additional installation of XAMPP (full featured and extendable) on the box and the abandonment of service of the default webserver/PHP/MySQL installation. But this is complex and may exceed your knowledge.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread