Update 1.6x > 1.7x > 2.2x (Technics)

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Thursday, December 02, 2010, 23:17 (4892 days ago) @ wo2010

Hi WOlfgang!

[...] Admin area > forum settings > advanced settings > version. I assume it will show "1.6" in your installation.

No, it shows "1.7"!! Surprise!
But the file readme.txt in our installation speaks about version 1.6.3, that's why I opened this thread. Well the datafield looks like editable so I don't know if I can trust it.

Hhm, strange. The datafield is editable, but as I said before the minor revision were not saved into this field until 1.7.3. Before that I edited it on my own, just to keep track of the last version. Alex' install.php (and the new update.php) only checks the first three characters.

Thanks for your offer. I "inherited" the website/forum without the installation files.

That's tough. ;-)

So if there's no special fingerprint for 1.7x I think I have to do a try and error upgrade assuming to run version 1.7.

1.6.3 was the last version without a captcha and 1.7.1 the first one with. Even if you don't have it up and running, just have a look whether you have a captcha directory.

BTW the database embeds some tables for other applications (which are backuped with phpMyAdmin but not within mlf I think): Do I have to expect trouble? Should I better dissolve them and give mlf a dedicated database?

I would do so. I'm not qualified to analyse Alex' update script. ;-)

I started with 1.4.1β and ended up with a heavily patched 1.7.6 without problems in any of the updates in between.

Thanks for the "reassurance". But does your sentence mean you still did not went to version 2.x?

Right. To be honest, mlf 2.x is not 'little' any more, IMHO. I'm helping Auge in getting v1.8 up ('though the mix-view is not working right now...). See there.

Good luck!

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread