Update 1.6x > 1.7x > 2.2x (Technics)

by wo2010, Thursday, December 02, 2010, 13:43 (4891 days ago) @ Alfie

Hello Helmut,

many thanks for your detailed answer.

Well, in all 1.6x versions only the major revison (=not the x) is stored in the database. You can check that: Admin area > forum settings > advanced settings > version. I assume it will show "1.6" in your installation.

No, it shows "1.7"!! Surprise!
But the file readme.txt in our installation speaks about version 1.6.3, that's why I opened this thread. Well the datafield looks like editable so I don't know if I can trust it.

• Be sure that you still have the original forum.zip (I have 1.6.2 2006-03-07, 1.6.3 2006-06-18); they are not available at Alex' site anymore. If you don't have them, we can arrange something...

Thanks for your offer. I "inherited" the website/forum without the installation files.
So if there's no special fingerprint for 1.7x I think I have to do a try and error upgrade assuming to run version 1.7.

• If you are familiar with phpMyAdmin, you may perform a backup there.

Yes I know phpMyAdmin but used it for backups and little data corrections only.
BTW the database embeds some tables for other applications (which are backuped with phpMyAdmin but not within mlf I think): Do I have to expect trouble? Should I better dissolve them and give mlf a dedicated database?

I started with 1.4.1β and ended up with a heavily patched 1.7.6 without problems in any of the updates in between.

Thanks for the "reassurance". But does your sentence mean you still did not went to version 2.x?

Best regards und schöne Grüße
from snowy federal state Brandenburg
Wolfgang

PS: Most likely not able to answer until next week.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread