E-mail icon showing for deleted users (Bugs)

by davwat, Friday, July 16, 2010, 09:07 (5004 days ago) @ testuser

Alex

Thanks for checking it out.

I just did the same as yourself in creating a user and then posting a message in this users name. Then I deleted the user and there was no e-mail icon showing in the posting that was made.

This left me wondering why the e-mail icons in old postings by deleted users were still showing.

I then went to the postings in the MySQL database to see if I could pick up the reason for this occurring. I discovered in the email field in the entries table that the e-mail address was showing in the old postings which were all prior to September 2006. No email adresses were showing in the in the email field after that date.

By deleting the e-mail address in in the database and then going back to my browser to view the posting the e-mail icon was no longer showing.

September 2006 would probably have been the time when I changed the forum settings so only registered users could post a message. All the email addressed in the database would have been transferred from the 1.7 version of the forum to the 2.0 version a few years back.

David Watkins

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread