Forgotten password email problem (General)

by Auge, Thursday, November 26, 2009, 20:47 (5266 days ago) @ Mark Watson

Hello

yes.... but maybe I am misunderstanding your code modification instructions.

No, I think, my posted code is misleading. the codebox with the old code shows as last few lines:

else
       {
        if (@mail($new_pw_mailto, my_mb_encode_mimeheader($lang['new_pw_email_sj'], CHARSET, "Q"), $lang['new_pw_email_txt'], $header))
         {
          header("location: index.php?mode=login&login_message=pw_sent");
          die("<a href=\"index.php?mode=login&login_message=pw_sent\">further...</a>");
         }
        else die($lang['mail_error']);
       }

The last bracket is the end of the first else (here: line 1) wich is the counterpart of if($settings['mail_parameter']!='') (should be line 254 in the old code; please compare to the old posting).

The shown new code contains a closing bracket too:

if(my_mail($new_pw_mailto, $lang['new_pw_email_sj'], $lang['new_pw_email_txt']))
       {
       }
     }

But: this bracket is the counterpart of the opening if from line 229. This said it may be, that you have a supernumerous closing bracket.

To make clear, what happens I will show the whole block for the case option "activate" (at line 222). Please compare it with your code, comments with leading and trailing "##########" are mine.

case "activate": ########## line 222 ##########

if (isset($_GET['activate']) && trim($_GET['activate']) != "" && isset($_GET['code']) && trim($_GET['code']) != "")
   {
    $pwf_result = mysql_query("SELECT user_id, user_name, user_email, pwf_code FROM ".$db_settings['userdata_table']." WHERE user_id = '".intval($_GET["activate"])."'", $connid);
    if (!$pwf_result) raise_error('database_error',mysql_error());
    $field = mysql_fetch_array($pwf_result);
    mysql_free_result($pwf_result);
    if(trim($field['pwf_code'])!='' && $field['user_id'] == $_GET['activate'] && is_pw_correct($_GET['code'],$field['pwf_code']))
     {
      // generate new password:
      if($settings['min_pw_length']<8) $pwl = 8;
      else $pwl = $settings['min_pw_length'];
      $new_pw = random_string($pwl);
      $pw_hash = generate_pw_hash($new_pw);
      $update_result = mysql_query("UPDATE ".$db_settings['userdata_table']." SET last_login=last_login, registered=registered, user_pw='".mysql_real_escape_string($pw_hash)."', pwf_code='' WHERE user_id='".$field["user_id"]."' LIMIT 1", $connid);

// send new password:
      $smarty->config_load($settings['language_file'],'emails');
      $lang = $smarty->get_config_vars();

########## next line: 242 (without this comment) ##########
      $lang['new_pw_email_txt'] = str_replace("[name]", $field['user_name'], $lang['new_pw_email_txt']);
      $lang['new_pw_email_txt'] = str_replace("[password]", $new_pw, $lang['new_pw_email_txt']);
      $lang['new_pw_email_txt'] = str_replace("[login_link]", $settings['forum_address'].basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])."?mode=login&username=".urlencode($field['user_name'])."&userpw=".$new_pw, $lang['new_pw_email_txt']);
      $lang['new_pw_email_txt'] = $lang['new_pw_email_txt'];

$new_pw_mailto = my_mb_encode_mimeheader($field['user_name'], CHARSET, "Q")." <".$field['user_email'].">";
      if(my_mail($new_pw_mailto, $lang['new_pw_email_sj'], $lang['new_pw_email_txt']))
       {
       }
     }
    else
     {
      header("location: index.php?mode=login&login_message=code_invalid");
      die("<a href=\"index.php?mode=login&login_message=code_invalid\">further...</a>");
     }
   }
   else
    {
     header("location: index.php?mode=login&login_message=code_invalid");
     exit;
    }
  break;
 }

$smarty->assign('action',$action);

Tschö, Auge

PS (to Alex): I could not set a single link inside the posting because the spamtest routine rejects the posting with the link.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread