auto login doesn't work in 2 mlf's with shared userdata (Technics)

by Auge, Saturday, January 31, 2009, 16:39 (5556 days ago) @ Lena

Hello

i'm running two instances of mylittleforum with a shared userdata table. Worked fine for years, untill after upgrating to 2.1 beta 3.

As first: It's not mentioned "beta" without a reason. A beta is for testing, not for servicing at a productive system.

Users with auto login enabled log out of forum1, browse to forum2, and get an error (same vice versa). Error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function count_failed_logins() in mlf_dir/includes/auto_login.inc.php on line 55

auto_login.inc.php calls function count_failed_logins(), which is defined in login.inc.php. The latter should have been included at some previous point, but it clearly hasn't been.

I'm going to try to understand the control structure of the login process, has anyone an idea, where to start, or maybe a solution?

Have you an editor with the capability for searching strings over all files in a given directory? I don't know how this is named in English, in german language it is called "dateiübergreifende Suche". Search the string "input('login.inc.php')" or all "include(" calls[1] in all files of the script to find the point, where the login.inc.php is called. That's the point to set the first step.

[1] Maybe you have to search for "include_once(", "require(" or "require_once(". I don't know how Alex implemented it.

Tschö, Auge

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread