Saving posting drafts, spell-checker (General)

by Peter, Sunday, May 25, 2008, 07:21 (5816 days ago) @ ralphdn

What is meant by "The code added above is:" followed by "<input button..." ? I can reconstruct the other patches but I don't understand what's meant here.

Sorry, that was an awkward way to show the changes, but I couldn't highlight a section of text in the code block to show what I added. The "<input button..." code was the code ADDED to the block of code above it. Look through it and you will see it hiding in there somewhere. :waving:

Here is another way of showing where to add the code. In my editor it starts at line 203:

<td colspan="2"><input type="submit" name="save_entry" value="{#message_submit_button#}" title="{#message_submit_title#}" tabindex="8" onclick="return is_postingform_complete('{$smarty.config.error_no_name|escape:"url"}','{$smarty.config.error_no_subject|escape:"url"}','{if $settings.empty_postings_possible==0}{$smarty.config.error_no_text|escape:"url"}{/if}'{if $terms_of_use_agreement},'{$smarty.config.terms_of_use_agree_error_posting|escape:"url"}'{/if})" />&nbsp;<input type="submit" name="preview" value="{#message_preview_button#}" title="{#message_preview_title#}" tabindex="9" onclick="return is_postingform_complete('{$smarty.config.error_no_name|escape:"url"}','{$smarty.config.error_no_subject|escape:"url"}','{if $settings.empty_postings_possible==0}{$smarty.config.error_no_text|escape:"url"}{/if}'{if $terms_of_use_agreement},'{$smarty.config.terms_of_use_agree_error_posting|escape:"url"}'{/if})" />&nbsp;

Add this right after the above code:

<input type="button" value="Check Spelling" onClick="openSpellChecker();"/>&nbsp;

I visited the "Try it here:" link but it doesn't work, the message "Fehler auf der Seite" appears in the status line.

I don't know German, but I think that means "Error on site." Mmmm...maybe my shared server was having problems? It's working now for me. Please let me know if it still doesn't work.

http://appbbs.com/mlf

Also: What mlf version are the positions for the changes (line numbers) related to?

I'm using the latest version.

I *think* those were the only mlf-specific changes needed to make it work; it's been a while since I installed it. If it doesn't work, let me know. I may be forgetting something. (I was dropped on my head as a baby.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread