some remarks (General)

by Alex ⌂, Sunday, March 18, 2007, 13:02 (6248 days ago) @ done

Hi done,

first of all, i think the ajax preview-featur isn't really necessary.
either i want to view a certain posting or i don't. in both ways, i have to click once. so, there is no simplification.

It might be a little bit faster getting an overview of new postings (in different threads). But you're right, this should probably be optional.

secondly, i think it would be better to not only take over the subject of a posting when answering it, but to add "re:" to it.

I tested this already a while ago. The result were subjects like "re: re: re: re: How are you?". OK, a possibility would be to check if the subject already begins with "re:".

furthermore, i don't understand why the username of the author of a posting is saved into the entry-table. what if i wanted to change a certain username later?

If you change a username, the name is also changed in the entry-table. The reason for saving it in the entry-table is: if you delete a user, the postings would be nameless. This way, the names remain in the postings.

last but not least, i don't get the point what actually is the difference between board-view and viewing the whole thread in thread-mode.

The differences were the order and the indentations of the postings. But there isn't anymore a board-view in this version.

Alex

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread