HTTP error 500 (General)

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, August 17, 2023, 09:15 (254 days ago) @ Tommy Nilsson

Hello

On my danish domain Jernbanen.dk, at least 2 german users gets HTTP error 500. I´ve asked them, if they use IPv6 but no reply yet.

A dane has tried using IPv6 and gets HTTP error 500. When connecting without IPv6, the forum works as expected.

You can check your IP-version here: https://test-ipv6.com/

I connect through IPv4 and everything works on my pc.

All Akismet is turned off in all forums.

Ahh, slowly a suspicion is growing. At the time, the code base of MLF2 was developed, IP-v6 was no thing. Same goes for the Akismet service class, the forum software uses. The forum script saves the IP of the authors of entries. The forum script saves the IP of visitors to prevent high fequency spamming and double entries as well as to calculate the number of current visits.

I checked the CREATE-TABLE-statements in the file install.sql and found four statements where a column for IPs exist. These are the statements for the tables mlf2_entries, mlf2_userdata, mlf2_useronline and mlf2_logincontrol.

While the length of the columns in the tables mlf2_entries, mlf2_userdata and mlf2_logincontrol is sufficient (first two named tables 128 and the last table 255 chars (128 chars is enough)), the column ip in the table mlf2_useronline provides only a string length of 15 chars.

CREATE TABLE mlf2_useronline (
 ip CHAR(15) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', /*<=== this has to be changed */
 TIME INT(14) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
 user_id INT(11) DEFAULT '0'
) ENGINE=InnoDB CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_general_ci;

I expect, that you have enough experience with MySQL/MariaDB to alter the column definition for mlf2_useronline.ip yourself from the length of 15 to 128 characters. Please report, if this changes anything.

Checking the Akismet-class for possible issues is my task.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread