Unsatisfactory detection of spam postings (Technics)

by Auge ⌂, Friday, December 08, 2017, 08:46 (2303 days ago)

Hello

Like every other two or three times in a week I just now deleted a message after marking it as spam. It was one of the usual football trikot commercials. Around two years ago it was a wave of fitted kitchen sale pages.

Because of the fact, that I did that for the (literally) thousandth time, I fear, that the buttons "mark as spam (and delete)" do nothing except deleting the message (I actually did not dig into the code).

I would expect to spot the message as spam automatically when sending it because of the similarity to the known spam messages and not, that a moderator/admin has to mark it every single annoying time again as spam.

Stop Forum Spam, Akismet and Bad behavior are optional external methods. No one is bound to create accounts and/or keys of these services. The IP and badword filters are optional internal methods. But they are only accessible for the admins and not for moderators. So to maintain these lists is itself a hassle for typically one person. Does anyone of you maintain a badword and/or IP filter list?

Is there anything we can do (not only for this forum)? Anything, that's simple to use. Anything, that we can put in more than only the admins hands.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread